This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ”Raiders of the Lost Ark” meets ”The Amazing Race.” When a millionaire eccentric finds out his cancer has advanced, he informs his three estranged sons that if they want their inheritance, they’ll have to find the tomb in which he’s hidden himself and his treasures. Soon, the three men begin fighting the jungle, various psychopaths, and each other for the loot, which includes millions of dollars of art and the Codex, a priceless Mayan manuscript. While the novel seems destined – and designed – for Hollywood (producer Lynda Obst is thanked in the acknowledgments), Preston doesn’t cheat his readers out of a fast-paced, clever adventure.
The Codex This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' meets ''The Amazing Race.'' When a millionaire...The CodexMystery and ThrillerDouglas Preston This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' meets ''The Amazing Race.'' When a millionaire...2004-02-06
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Douglas Preston
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!