This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ”Raiders of the Lost Ark” meets ”The Amazing Race.” When a millionaire eccentric finds out his cancer has advanced, he informs his three estranged sons that if they want their inheritance, they’ll have to find the tomb in which he’s hidden himself and his treasures. Soon, the three men begin fighting the jungle, various psychopaths, and each other for the loot, which includes millions of dollars of art and the Codex, a priceless Mayan manuscript. While the novel seems destined – and designed – for Hollywood (producer Lynda Obst is thanked in the acknowledgments), Preston doesn’t cheat his readers out of a fast-paced, clever adventure.
The Codex This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' meets ''The Amazing Race.'' When a millionaire...The CodexMystery and ThrillerDouglas Preston This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' meets ''The Amazing Race.'' When a millionaire...2004-02-06
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Douglas Preston
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!