This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ”Raiders of the Lost Ark” meets ”The Amazing Race.” When a millionaire eccentric finds out his cancer has advanced, he informs his three estranged sons that if they want their inheritance, they’ll have to find the tomb in which he’s hidden himself and his treasures. Soon, the three men begin fighting the jungle, various psychopaths, and each other for the loot, which includes millions of dollars of art and the Codex, a priceless Mayan manuscript. While the novel seems destined – and designed – for Hollywood (producer Lynda Obst is thanked in the acknowledgments), Preston doesn’t cheat his readers out of a fast-paced, clever adventure.
The Codex This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' meets ''The Amazing Race.'' When a millionaire...The CodexMystery and ThrillerDouglas Preston This thriller is so movie-friendly it demands a logline: Consider it ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' meets ''The Amazing Race.'' When a millionaire...2004-02-06
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Douglas Preston
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!