Call the latest installment of the saga ”Indiana Jones and the Lost Window of Opportunity.” Variety reports that team Indy – Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas – has slammed the brakes on the long-awaited fourth movie, which was to shoot this summer. The reason, sources close to the production tell Variety, is that producer Lucas is unhappy with the script, written by ”The Green Mile”’s Frank Darabont. Another writer will be brought in to revise, but in the meantime, Ford and director Spielberg may pursue other projects. (High on Spielberg’s to-do list: ”The Rivals,” about the feud between 19th-century stage divas Sarah Bernhardt and Eleonora Duse.) As a result, it may be a year before a 63-year-old Ford goes before the cameras and 2006 before the film reaches theaters, marking a 17-year hiatus since ”Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.” Spielberg declined Variety’s request for a comment.
(Indiana Jones: Digital Press/NewsCom)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!