Ah, Sundance. The vaunted festival where indie auteurs celebrate art, struggling actors refine their craft…and celebs shamelessly scoop up free swag. Demi Moore and others invaded Fred Segal’s boutique for giveaways like Pony sneaks and cashmere sweaters. ”Matt Dillon raped us,” hyperbolized a flack. It was a bit more subdued at the Motorola Lodge, where Maggie Gyllenhaal enjoyed a Kiehl’s massage. Zooey Deschanel picked up a customized miniskirt at the Levi’s Lodge (left), while Nick Carter and Paris Hilton made out (literally) at the Seven Jeans House. Perhaps the best freebie was the $5,000-plus Sundance Channel bag, which came with a free stay at a Caribbean resort. What better way for Lance Bass (and his entourage) to show off those Mystic Tan treatments they snagged?
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'