Ah, Sundance. The vaunted festival where indie auteurs celebrate art, struggling actors refine their craft…and celebs shamelessly scoop up free swag. Demi Moore and others invaded Fred Segal’s boutique for giveaways like Pony sneaks and cashmere sweaters. ”Matt Dillon raped us,” hyperbolized a flack. It was a bit more subdued at the Motorola Lodge, where Maggie Gyllenhaal enjoyed a Kiehl’s massage. Zooey Deschanel picked up a customized miniskirt at the Levi’s Lodge (left), while Nick Carter and Paris Hilton made out (literally) at the Seven Jeans House. Perhaps the best freebie was the $5,000-plus Sundance Channel bag, which came with a free stay at a Caribbean resort. What better way for Lance Bass (and his entourage) to show off those Mystic Tan treatments they snagged?
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman recalls 'dark moments' in Harvard Class Day speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant