Ah, Sundance. The vaunted festival where indie auteurs celebrate art, struggling actors refine their craft…and celebs shamelessly scoop up free swag. Demi Moore and others invaded Fred Segal’s boutique for giveaways like Pony sneaks and cashmere sweaters. ”Matt Dillon raped us,” hyperbolized a flack. It was a bit more subdued at the Motorola Lodge, where Maggie Gyllenhaal enjoyed a Kiehl’s massage. Zooey Deschanel picked up a customized miniskirt at the Levi’s Lodge (left), while Nick Carter and Paris Hilton made out (literally) at the Seven Jeans House. Perhaps the best freebie was the $5,000-plus Sundance Channel bag, which came with a free stay at a Caribbean resort. What better way for Lance Bass (and his entourage) to show off those Mystic Tan treatments they snagged?
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters