The most famous film scribe of the ’90s shovels mounds of Hollywood dirt to make this mountain of a memoir: Glenn Close and a ”Jagged Edge” producer spent the shoot obsessing about her butt; Sharon Stone thanked him for writing ”Basic Instinct” with a one-night stand (”doughy,” he describes her body); Robert Evans sent ”Sliver” script notes via special courier (a hooker pulled them out of…well, not her purse). But it’s the personal revelations that make these 700-plus pages worth reading. Eszterhas admits he’s been an alcoholic his entire adult life. He cops to inveterate cheating, at least before he met his current wife, and divulges that his Hungarian father had been a Nazi. He even provides a happy ending – after surviving cancer, divorce, and Michael Ovitz, he renounces L.A. and moves to the heartland. If Eszterhas’ life is anything like his scripts, expect shocking plot twists late in the third act.
Hollywood Animal The most famous film scribe of the '90s shovels mounds of Hollywood dirt to make this mountain of a memoir: Glenn Close and a ''Jagged Edge''...Hollywood AnimalJoe Eszterhas The most famous film scribe of the '90s shovels mounds of Hollywood dirt to make this mountain of a memoir: Glenn Close and a ''Jagged Edge''...2004-02-06
Author: Joe Eszterhas
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!