Picking up where ”The First Law” left off, Lescroart’s attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ”system” after the shooting of a mutual friend, Hardy has been plea-bargaining away most of his cases while his deskbound SFPD pal longs for his more active lieutenant days. The bungling of a double-murder case by a young associate, however, soon thrusts a reluctant Hardy back into the courtroom and an eager Glitsky onto the trail of a killer dubbed the ”Executioner.” Despite an initially slow pace and Lescroart’s heavy reliance on story lines from prior novels, ”Chair” is an entertaining, if unoriginal, page-turner.
The Second Chair Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...The Second ChairMystery and ThrillerJohn Lescroart Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...2004-02-06E.P. Dutton
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: John Lescroart; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!