Picking up where ”The First Law” left off, Lescroart’s attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ”system” after the shooting of a mutual friend, Hardy has been plea-bargaining away most of his cases while his deskbound SFPD pal longs for his more active lieutenant days. The bungling of a double-murder case by a young associate, however, soon thrusts a reluctant Hardy back into the courtroom and an eager Glitsky onto the trail of a killer dubbed the ”Executioner.” Despite an initially slow pace and Lescroart’s heavy reliance on story lines from prior novels, ”Chair” is an entertaining, if unoriginal, page-turner.
The Second Chair Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...The Second ChairMystery and ThrillerJohn Lescroart Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...2004-02-06E.P. Dutton
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: John Lescroart; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!