Picking up where ”The First Law” left off, Lescroart’s attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ”system” after the shooting of a mutual friend, Hardy has been plea-bargaining away most of his cases while his deskbound SFPD pal longs for his more active lieutenant days. The bungling of a double-murder case by a young associate, however, soon thrusts a reluctant Hardy back into the courtroom and an eager Glitsky onto the trail of a killer dubbed the ”Executioner.” Despite an initially slow pace and Lescroart’s heavy reliance on story lines from prior novels, ”Chair” is an entertaining, if unoriginal, page-turner.
The Second Chair Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...The Second ChairMystery and ThrillerJohn Lescroart Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...2004-02-06E.P. Dutton
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: John Lescroart; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted February 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...