Picking up where ”The First Law” left off, Lescroart’s attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ”system” after the shooting of a mutual friend, Hardy has been plea-bargaining away most of his cases while his deskbound SFPD pal longs for his more active lieutenant days. The bungling of a double-murder case by a young associate, however, soon thrusts a reluctant Hardy back into the courtroom and an eager Glitsky onto the trail of a killer dubbed the ”Executioner.” Despite an initially slow pace and Lescroart’s heavy reliance on story lines from prior novels, ”Chair” is an entertaining, if unoriginal, page-turner.
The Second Chair Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...The Second ChairMystery and ThrillerJohn Lescroart Picking up where ''The First Law'' left off, Lescroart's attorney/cop tag team of Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky reunite. Disillusioned by the ''system'...2004-02-06E.P. Dutton
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: John Lescroart; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!