When half of a thriller is written from the perspective of an egomaniacal sculptor – cum – serial killer who methodically tortures whole families, takes casts of their bodies at the height of their terror, and turns them into acclaimed works of art – well, it’s a lot for any reader to swallow. And yet ”Parade ”goes down easy. Real easy. Nykanen, a former investigative journalist, has a reporter’s eye, so we believe his heroine, a grounded sculptor – cum – art professor, would actually take in a stray rottweiler. Oddly, the book’s best chills don’t come from the killer – so solipsistic he borders on the banal – but from one of his victims. Known only as Diamond Girl, she’s brazen, perverse, and just enough of a mystery to keep her captor, and us, wickedly in her thrall.
The Bone Parade When half of a thriller is written from the perspective of an egomaniacal sculptor -- cum -- serial killer who methodically tortures whole families,...The Bone ParadeMystery and ThrillerMark Nykanen When half of a thriller is written from the perspective of an egomaniacal sculptor -- cum -- serial killer who methodically tortures whole families,...2004-02-13
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mark Nykanen
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Penelope Cruz showcases her curves in 'Zoolander 2's international trailer
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: The Secrets of Rey's 'Star Wars' speeder
- Behind the scenes of Owen Wilson and Justin Theroux's 'Zoolander' dance fight
- Carrie Fisher was told to lose weight for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Porn site drops James Deen following sexual assault allegations
- Jamie and Claire vow to change the past in 'Outlander' season 2 trailer
- See Candis Cayne on 'Young and the Restless' (and the famous friend she brought along)