When half of a thriller is written from the perspective of an egomaniacal sculptor – cum – serial killer who methodically tortures whole families, takes casts of their bodies at the height of their terror, and turns them into acclaimed works of art – well, it’s a lot for any reader to swallow. And yet ”Parade ”goes down easy. Real easy. Nykanen, a former investigative journalist, has a reporter’s eye, so we believe his heroine, a grounded sculptor – cum – art professor, would actually take in a stray rottweiler. Oddly, the book’s best chills don’t come from the killer – so solipsistic he borders on the banal – but from one of his victims. Known only as Diamond Girl, she’s brazen, perverse, and just enough of a mystery to keep her captor, and us, wickedly in her thrall.
The Bone Parade When half of a thriller is written from the perspective of an egomaniacal sculptor -- cum -- serial killer who methodically tortures whole families,...The Bone ParadeMystery and ThrillerMark Nykanen When half of a thriller is written from the perspective of an egomaniacal sculptor -- cum -- serial killer who methodically tortures whole families,...2004-02-13
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mark Nykanen
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!