Incubus’ last record, 2001’s expansive ”Morning View,” showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it’s hard to decide what’s worse about its follow-up: (a) singer Brandon Boyd’s puerile, uninsightful rants against materialism, world disorder, and shallow celebrity culture; (b) his language in said rants, which suggests he took lessons in garbled lyric writing from Alanis Morissette (”On the tip of my tongue/An offensive is poised and rearing”?); or (c) the tuneless, torturously knotty prog-metal the band cranks out behind him. Come to think of it, the album title’s not so hot either.
A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...2004-02-13
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!