Incubus’ last record, 2001’s expansive ”Morning View,” showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it’s hard to decide what’s worse about its follow-up: (a) singer Brandon Boyd’s puerile, uninsightful rants against materialism, world disorder, and shallow celebrity culture; (b) his language in said rants, which suggests he took lessons in garbled lyric writing from Alanis Morissette (”On the tip of my tongue/An offensive is poised and rearing”?); or (c) the tuneless, torturously knotty prog-metal the band cranks out behind him. Come to think of it, the album title’s not so hot either.
A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...2004-02-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!