Incubus’ last record, 2001’s expansive ”Morning View,” showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it’s hard to decide what’s worse about its follow-up: (a) singer Brandon Boyd’s puerile, uninsightful rants against materialism, world disorder, and shallow celebrity culture; (b) his language in said rants, which suggests he took lessons in garbled lyric writing from Alanis Morissette (”On the tip of my tongue/An offensive is poised and rearing”?); or (c) the tuneless, torturously knotty prog-metal the band cranks out behind him. Come to think of it, the album title’s not so hot either.
A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...2004-02-13
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kristen Bell shares wedding photos for the first time
- Lilly Singh's debut book, 'HOW TO BE A BAWSE,' due out in 2017
- FOLD New York City: Nile Rodgers, Bette Midler to perform
- Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' debuts new trailer
- Funny or Die to launch new original series 'Tween Fest'
- Meg Ryan on her onscreen reunion with Tom Hanks
- Lena Dunham's Lenny releases guide to reporting online harassment
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'