Incubus’ last record, 2001’s expansive ”Morning View,” showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it’s hard to decide what’s worse about its follow-up: (a) singer Brandon Boyd’s puerile, uninsightful rants against materialism, world disorder, and shallow celebrity culture; (b) his language in said rants, which suggests he took lessons in garbled lyric writing from Alanis Morissette (”On the tip of my tongue/An offensive is poised and rearing”?); or (c) the tuneless, torturously knotty prog-metal the band cranks out behind him. Come to think of it, the album title’s not so hot either.
A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...A Crow Left of the Murder Incubus' last record, 2001's expansive ''Morning View,'' showed promise, especially in the stunted nu-metal genre. But it's hard to decide what's...2004-02-13
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pixar moves up 'Incredibles 2,' delays 'Toy Story 4'
- President Obama to appear on 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee'
- The CW unveils its holiday specials lineup
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- Stephen Colbert teases election night special in sultry promo
- 'PLL' showrunner pens emotional note on final day of filming
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like