Blame Norah: Labels are going cuckoo for mellow coffeehouse crooners. First up, Jamie Cullum, a pianist-singer whose Verve debut, Twentysomething (due here May 11), has gone platinum in his native U.K. Currently touring on the jazz-club circuit, the 24-year-old tosses together sensitive acoustic pop and sprightly reworkings of Tin Pan Alley chestnuts. Does Cullum mind the Jonesian comparisons? ”God no! Someone that talented, it’s a great compliment,” says Cullum. ”In fact, I wouldn’t mind marrying her.”
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts 'The Martian' promo
- 6 new things we know about Janet Jackson's 'Unbreakable'
- Tom Hardy demonstrates his lip sync skills with Dubsmash
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!