Blame Norah: Labels are going cuckoo for mellow coffeehouse crooners. First up, Jamie Cullum, a pianist-singer whose Verve debut, Twentysomething (due here May 11), has gone platinum in his native U.K. Currently touring on the jazz-club circuit, the 24-year-old tosses together sensitive acoustic pop and sprightly reworkings of Tin Pan Alley chestnuts. Does Cullum mind the Jonesian comparisons? ”God no! Someone that talented, it’s a great compliment,” says Cullum. ”In fact, I wouldn’t mind marrying her.”
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'