Blame Norah: Labels are going cuckoo for mellow coffeehouse crooners. First up, Jamie Cullum, a pianist-singer whose Verve debut, Twentysomething (due here May 11), has gone platinum in his native U.K. Currently touring on the jazz-club circuit, the 24-year-old tosses together sensitive acoustic pop and sprightly reworkings of Tin Pan Alley chestnuts. Does Cullum mind the Jonesian comparisons? ”God no! Someone that talented, it’s a great compliment,” says Cullum. ”In fact, I wouldn’t mind marrying her.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'We aren't perfect, but we are determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'