Lawyer extraordinaire Miles Massey (George Clooney) loves to obsess over his pearly whites, pre-nups…and gold-digging socialite Marylin Rexroth (Catherine Zeta-Jones), especially after the pampered pet divorces her Clooney-repped sugar daddy and seeks revenge. Sure, this Coen brothers flick boasts serious star wattage, including Cedric the Entertainer as an overenthused PI. But Intolerable Cruelty never captures the addictively dark comedic tone of 1996’s ”Fargo” or 1987’s ”Raising Arizona.” What you get instead is a semi-watchable film that’s little more than an intolerable and cruel joke. EXTRAS O comedy, where art thou? Besides a few minutes of mildly amusing outtakes, you’ll only find a blah behind-the-scenes doc and an oh-so-forgettable peek into the world of costume design. Zzzzz…
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Cedric the Entertainer, Geoffrey Rush, Billy Bob Thornton; Director: Joel Coen; Author: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen; Producer (person): Brian Grazer; Release Date Wide: 10/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday