Lawyer extraordinaire Miles Massey (George Clooney) loves to obsess over his pearly whites, pre-nups…and gold-digging socialite Marylin Rexroth (Catherine Zeta-Jones), especially after the pampered pet divorces her Clooney-repped sugar daddy and seeks revenge. Sure, this Coen brothers flick boasts serious star wattage, including Cedric the Entertainer as an overenthused PI. But Intolerable Cruelty never captures the addictively dark comedic tone of 1996’s ”Fargo” or 1987’s ”Raising Arizona.” What you get instead is a semi-watchable film that’s little more than an intolerable and cruel joke. EXTRAS O comedy, where art thou? Besides a few minutes of mildly amusing outtakes, you’ll only find a blah behind-the-scenes doc and an oh-so-forgettable peek into the world of costume design. Zzzzz…
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Cedric the Entertainer, Geoffrey Rush, Billy Bob Thornton; Director: Joel Coen; Author: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen; Producer (person): Brian Grazer; Release Date Wide: 10/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Samantha Bee wants the election to be over 'so badly'
- Meet Sasha Lane, the breakout star of ‘American Honey'
- Hayley Atwell studied the Clintons for 'Conviction' role
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?