With the voices from the 007 films (Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, and John Cleese; Willem Dafoe hams it up as the villain), a catchy theme song performed by M´ya, and three Bond babes, it’d be hard to imagine how this Bond game could fail. (Especially if you own the previous few, which had everything in the way of window dressing but nothing in the way of real gameplay.) While not the perfect 007 game, EON is easily the best effort in recent memory. The game’s most significant upgrade – changing its predecessors’ first-person perspective to third-person – transforms the secret agent from a trigger-happy commando into the sly spy we’re used to seeing on the big screen. Action addicts still get their share of mayhem, however, as EON delivers some spectacular levels, including a breakneck highway chase on a flamethrower-equipped motorcycle. Her Majesty would definitely approve.
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!