With the voices from the 007 films (Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, and John Cleese; Willem Dafoe hams it up as the villain), a catchy theme song performed by M´ya, and three Bond babes, it’d be hard to imagine how this Bond game could fail. (Especially if you own the previous few, which had everything in the way of window dressing but nothing in the way of real gameplay.) While not the perfect 007 game, EON is easily the best effort in recent memory. The game’s most significant upgrade – changing its predecessors’ first-person perspective to third-person – transforms the secret agent from a trigger-happy commando into the sly spy we’re used to seeing on the big screen. Action addicts still get their share of mayhem, however, as EON delivers some spectacular levels, including a breakneck highway chase on a flamethrower-equipped motorcycle. Her Majesty would definitely approve.
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Patrick Dempsey, wife Jillian will stay together
- Amber Heard files for divorce from Johnny Depp
- 'Limitless' canceled: CBS drama 'won't continue on any platform'
- 'Dating Naked' returns for season 3 on June 29 with new host
- 'Dear Evan Hansen' to transfer to Broadway
- 'Ghost in the Shell' adds 'Wolverine' actress Rila Fukushima
- Jorge Garcia revisits 'Lost' stomping grounds