With the voices from the 007 films (Pierce Brosnan, Judi Dench, and John Cleese; Willem Dafoe hams it up as the villain), a catchy theme song performed by M´ya, and three Bond babes, it’d be hard to imagine how this Bond game could fail. (Especially if you own the previous few, which had everything in the way of window dressing but nothing in the way of real gameplay.) While not the perfect 007 game, EON is easily the best effort in recent memory. The game’s most significant upgrade – changing its predecessors’ first-person perspective to third-person – transforms the secret agent from a trigger-happy commando into the sly spy we’re used to seeing on the big screen. Action addicts still get their share of mayhem, however, as EON delivers some spectacular levels, including a breakneck highway chase on a flamethrower-equipped motorcycle. Her Majesty would definitely approve.
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!