Someday, maybe even immediately after a high-profile stunt, Janet Jackson will release a lyrically substantial single that won’t make it sound as if her larynx had been Botoxed. Alas, that time has not arrived with ”Just a Little While.” The skittish, pared-down guitar opening is fresh and surprising, and the vibe is sexier than her Matrix Super Bowl Revolutions outfit. Ultimately, though, it’s yet another lighter-than-air trifle in a career filled with too many of them; one longs for just a little of the lockstep tension of her early Jam and Lewis work. No wonder someone, whoever it was, felt the need to tweak the single with a little controversy.
Just a Little While Someday, maybe even immediately after a high-profile stunt, Janet Jackson will release a lyrically substantial single that won't make it sound as if...Just a Little While Someday, maybe even immediately after a high-profile stunt, Janet Jackson will release a lyrically substantial single that won't make it sound as if...2004-02-13
Lead Performer: Janet Jackson
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'SHIELD,' 'Arrow' and more
- Gone Girl writer Gillian Flynn to collaborate with Steve McQueen on heist thriller
- 'Sherlock' season 4 details: 'Frightening, tough, emotional upheaval'
- 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone' illustrated edition cover art revealed
- 'Castle' sneak peek: Did Beckett and Castle just dig their own graves?
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst reminds everyone he is not Robert Durst
- Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool...on a bearskin rug: 'With great power, comes great irresponsibility'
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!