This’ll sound like heresy to comics scholars, but artist-writer Kyle Baker (”King David”) has taken Jack Cole’s deservedly revered elastic super-hero and pulled off a brilliant reinvention of the character. Baker bends, distends, and abstracts Plas’ body into riotous sight gags; the dialogue, steeped in a profound knowledge of Cole’s ’40s and ’50s work, succeeds both as pure yuks and as a deft parody of comics culture.
Plastic Man This'll sound like heresy to comics scholars, but artist-writer Kyle Baker (''King David'') has taken Jack Cole's deservedly revered elastic super...Plastic ManKyle Baker This'll sound like heresy to comics scholars, but artist-writer Kyle Baker (''King David'') has taken Jack Cole's deservedly revered elastic super...2004-02-13
Author: Kyle Baker
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SNL': See brand new footage from 'Hobbit Office' starring Martin Freeman
- Kanye as VMAs host in 2016? Not so fast
- Emmys secret ballot: How will Hollywood vote?
- This is what stars looked like at their first VMAs
- Prince talks about his 'experimental' new record 'HITNRUN'
- Carrie Brownstein assembles celeb squad for her book tour
- Meet Jon Rudnitsky, the newest 'SNL' cast member
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!