In his latest handheld caper, our favorite blue hedgehog must engage in a nearly endless succession of fights. A more bellicose Sonic may sound like fun, but in this adventure you’re duking it out with foes both evil and good, with ”Pokemon”-like dialogue boxes forcing the story along. While the graphics and some of the battle moves are impressive, ”Sonic Battle” would have made more sense as a minigame inside the last Sonic GBA release, the infinitely more playable ”Sonic Advance 2.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!