When Tracy, an anxious, socially ambitious seventh grader (played by ”Once and Again”’s Evan Rachel Wood) befriends popular troublemaker Evie (Nikki Reed), sex, drugs, and shoplifting soon follow. But Catherine Hardwicke’s critically acclaimed feature debut, Thirteen, is no after-school special from hell. It’s a brutal, brilliant family drama with astonishing performances by Wood, newcomer Reed (who coscripted with Hardwicke), and the Oscar-nominated Holly Hunter as Melanie, Tracy’s rapidly unraveling bohemian mother. EXTRAS After a film of such documentary-like rawness, Wood and Reed’s giggly anecdotes on the commentary track are a relief. Also features 10 deleted scenes, including a poignant moment between Tracy and her concerned older brother, Mason (Brady Corbet).
Genre: Drama; Starring: Nikki Reed, Evan Rachel Wood, Sarah Clarke, Holly Hunter, Kip Pardue, Jeremy Sisto, Deborah Unger; Director: Catherine Hardwicke; Author: Catherine Hardwicke, Nikki Reed; Release Date Wide: 08/20/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!