Broken Social Scene’s ”You Forgot It in People” was one of last year’s slept-on indie-pop gems. So was ”Heart” by Stars, another Canadian group with ties to the multifaceted Scene. The Giants is yet another related project, though with a haunted country & western spin. Apparently it was inspired by sitting around a snowed-in farmhouse watching Yul Brynner play a psycho-robot cowboy in the cheesy ’70s flick ”Westworld.” And it sounds like it – although its faintly Arabic fiddle drones, dreamy mariachi horns, and occasionally snarling guitars make a cooler soundtrack than the movie ever deserved. THE AMBIENT ROOM Richard Pinhas’ ”Tranzition” (Cuneiform) is ambient rock in a similar vein, recalling those old Robert Fripp/Brian Eno records, but with more kick in its guitar-spiraling step.
Valley of the Giants Broken Social Scene's ''You Forgot It in People'' was one of last year's slept-on indie-pop gems. So was ''Heart'' by Stars, another Canadian group...Valley of the Giants Broken Social Scene's ''You Forgot It in People'' was one of last year's slept-on indie-pop gems. So was ''Heart'' by Stars, another Canadian group...2004-02-13
Producer (group): Arts&Crafts
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo