Hey, hey, hey! It’s Fat Albert…finally. It’s been nearly two years since ”creative differences” between Bill Cosby (who created the animated kids’ series in 1972 and still controls the rights) and original director Forest Whitaker caused this live-action adaptation to skid to a halt. But fans will be glad to learn that 20th Century Fox salvaged the Junkyard Gang, and come March, new helmer Joel Zwick (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) will start shooting the yet-to-be-cast flick in L.A. and Philadelphia with hopes of a holiday 2004 release. Though Whitaker had given the title role to Omar Benson Miller (8 Mile), producer John Davis says now he’s only ”a possibility” and that they’re ”looking at other options” for Albert. (Rumor has it that Saturday Night Live’s Kenan Thompson is big on the part.)
Posted February 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!