It’s a romantic comedy. And it stars ”Alias” hottie Jennifer Garner as a 13-year-old girl. Actually, she’s 13 on the INSIDE but grown-up on the outside, and…maybe it’s better if Garner explains. ”It’s like a female ‘Big’,” says the actress of her first romantic comedy, in which her character, Jenna, wishes for adulthood, then wakes up one morning a 30-year-old New York City magazine editor. But, adds Garner, ”she’s plopped into her [adult] life with amnesia, and has to figure out what’s going on and why everyone’s treating her differently.” Including her childhood best friend (Mark Ruffalo), a nerd-turned-foxy photographer to whom Jenna turns for help. Think ”Memento” in Manolos. Director Gary Winick (”Tadpole”) predicts ”Alias” fans will be delighted to see Garner’s funny side in his $37 million big-studio debut. ”She’s a comic genius,” he says, ”right up there with Lucille Ball.” Though chances are Desi never hollered at Lucy, ”Stop being a spy!” as Winick did with his star. ”I don’t even realize that I don’t walk normally anymore,” laughs Garner. ”I catwalk down a hallway, ready to pounce.”
(13 Going on 30: Tracey Bennett)
Posted February 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!