”No one ever said that I bite it,” cautions Daryl Hannah, who won’t reveal how, or even if, her character, one-eyed Elle Driver, dies at the hands of the Bride (Uma Thurman), the wronged assassin Driver tried to snuff in ”Vol. 1.” At their last meeting, the Bride was comatose, Driver was in a porno-perfect nurse’s uniform (complete with eye patch), and the action between them was psychological. But in this second installment of Tarantino’s epic revenge hemorrhage, the ladies’ gloves are off. ”This is more of a down and dirty fight sequence. Not as pretty and lyrical as the fight with Lucy Liu,” says Hannah. ”This is just a barroom brawl gone wrong. Quentin had become obsessed with the movie ‘Jackass.’ So even though this was written as a standoff…it turned into just a gross and nasty ‘Jackass’ fight.” The melee – which, like the opening scene in Vol. 1, takes place in a domestic setting – utilizes household items ”for their disgusting appeal,” adds Hannah, ”and for weapons.” Martha Stewart, eat your heart out – literally.
(Kill Bill, Vol. II: Andrew Cooper)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!