Every fan of old-fashioned movies knows that the more a couple argues, the more they really love each other. In ”Attraction,” Julianne Moore and Pierce Brosnan are rival divorce attorneys representing a warring couple, played by Michael Sheen and Parker Posey. Before they can shout ”I object,” they land hard in each other’s arms, and, after a drunken evening, awaken to find that they’ve gotten married. ”I loved the idea of these people – whose work is dealing with sad, miserable lives – falling in love,” says Brosnan, who also serves as an executive producer. As for the chance to bond rather than Bond and play it straight in a comedy, says Brosnan, ”It was nice to be shlubby.” Geez, take the man out of his tuxedo…
(Laws of Attraction: Barry Wetcher)
Posted February 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Magicians' sneak peek: Quentin and Eliot head to the mental hospital — or do they?
- 'Shades of Blue' renewed for season 2
- Who is performing at Super Bowl 50?
- Why 'Fury Road' deserves the Oscar for best picture
- Bruno Mars to join Beyoncé in Super Bowl halftime show
- Tidal donates $1.5 million to Black Lives Matter
- Stone Temple Pilots announce open search for new singer