Every fan of old-fashioned movies knows that the more a couple argues, the more they really love each other. In ”Attraction,” Julianne Moore and Pierce Brosnan are rival divorce attorneys representing a warring couple, played by Michael Sheen and Parker Posey. Before they can shout ”I object,” they land hard in each other’s arms, and, after a drunken evening, awaken to find that they’ve gotten married. ”I loved the idea of these people – whose work is dealing with sad, miserable lives – falling in love,” says Brosnan, who also serves as an executive producer. As for the chance to bond rather than Bond and play it straight in a comedy, says Brosnan, ”It was nice to be shlubby.” Geez, take the man out of his tuxedo…
(Laws of Attraction: Barry Wetcher)
Posted February 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall