Jennifer Garner will spend her summer vacation from ”Alias” wearing a skimpy skintight costume and using her lethal skills to fight double-crossing bad guys. Her busman’s holiday will be the shoot of ”Elektra,” the long-gestating ”Daredevil” spinoff, which Variety reports will go before the cameras in May. Rob Bowman (”Reign of Fire”) will direct the feature, whose storyline will be drawn from the graphic novels ”Elektra: Assassin” and ”The Elektra Saga.” In the film, Garner’s hitwoman will go up against the Hand, the organization that trained and betrayed her. Still to be cast is veteran Marvel Comics character Stick, a martial arts trainer. As far as making an actual ”Daredevil” sequel, Variety reports that 20th Century Fox is keeping its options open, but we doubt whether even the sonar skills of Ben Affleck’s sightless superhero could detect a second film on the horizon.
(Elektra: Zade Rosenthal)
Posted February 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 'Phantasm: Remastered' poster: The Tall Man gets a grip
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall