Jennifer Garner will spend her summer vacation from ”Alias” wearing a skimpy skintight costume and using her lethal skills to fight double-crossing bad guys. Her busman’s holiday will be the shoot of ”Elektra,” the long-gestating ”Daredevil” spinoff, which Variety reports will go before the cameras in May. Rob Bowman (”Reign of Fire”) will direct the feature, whose storyline will be drawn from the graphic novels ”Elektra: Assassin” and ”The Elektra Saga.” In the film, Garner’s hitwoman will go up against the Hand, the organization that trained and betrayed her. Still to be cast is veteran Marvel Comics character Stick, a martial arts trainer. As far as making an actual ”Daredevil” sequel, Variety reports that 20th Century Fox is keeping its options open, but we doubt whether even the sonar skills of Ben Affleck’s sightless superhero could detect a second film on the horizon.
(Elektra: Zade Rosenthal)
Posted February 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!