While faves like Crowe and Kidman were left off the Oscar ballots, one memorable name is in the running: William Zabka. Yep, the quintessential ’80s teen-movie villain – who got clocked by Daniel-san’s crane kick in The Karate Kid – stands to win a Best Live Action Short Academy Award for Most (The Bridge), on which he’s a writer and producer. Ralph Macchio, eat your heart out!
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?