While faves like Crowe and Kidman were left off the Oscar ballots, one memorable name is in the running: William Zabka. Yep, the quintessential ’80s teen-movie villain – who got clocked by Daniel-san’s crane kick in The Karate Kid – stands to win a Best Live Action Short Academy Award for Most (The Bridge), on which he’s a writer and producer. Ralph Macchio, eat your heart out!
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- 'Ray Donovan' season 3: Watch the brooding trailer
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!