While faves like Crowe and Kidman were left off the Oscar ballots, one memorable name is in the running: William Zabka. Yep, the quintessential ’80s teen-movie villain – who got clocked by Daniel-san’s crane kick in The Karate Kid – stands to win a Best Live Action Short Academy Award for Most (The Bridge), on which he’s a writer and producer. Ralph Macchio, eat your heart out!
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...