While faves like Crowe and Kidman were left off the Oscar ballots, one memorable name is in the running: William Zabka. Yep, the quintessential ’80s teen-movie villain – who got clocked by Daniel-san’s crane kick in The Karate Kid – stands to win a Best Live Action Short Academy Award for Most (The Bridge), on which he’s a writer and producer. Ralph Macchio, eat your heart out!
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- Amy Schumer responds to open letter about Lafayette theater shooting
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'Sherlock' producer on how Victorian special changes Holmes and Watson
- 'Downton Abbey' final season gets U.S. premiere date
- Snoop Dog stopped at Italian airport with $422,000 in cash
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!