While investigating the mysterious death of an old friend, Jack Hammond, a disgraced and demoralized Atlanta attorney, suspects a ruthless pharmaceutical company of foul play. But his quest for justice is complicated when he falls for the wife of the firm’s CEO, a beautiful opera singer with her share of skeletons. Arvin does his best to imitate the mood and style of Grishamesque Southern legal thrillers, combining an array of supporting characters who colorfully illustrate the racial and economic divide of the new Atlanta. But his hero will test your patience. For a lawyer, Hammond’s none too bright: a romantic pushover who can never determine who to trust. By the end, you want to tap him on the shoulder and point him in the right direction.
The Last Goodbye While investigating the mysterious death of an old friend, Jack Hammond, a disgraced and demoralized Atlanta attorney, suspects a ruthless...The Last GoodbyeMystery and ThrillerReed Arvin While investigating the mysterious death of an old friend, Jack Hammond, a disgraced and demoralized Atlanta attorney, suspects a ruthless...2004-02-20
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Reed Arvin
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!