His hand springs like a cobra while his head snaps like a rooster’s. It’s a work of art, that move Donald Trump uses for emphasis when he barks ”You’re fired!” on promos for NBC’s hit The Apprentice. Surely he’s been doing it since the go-go ’80s, right? ”I didn’t do it consciously, I don’t do it all the time, and I didn’t even know I was doing it until I saw it on television,” the boss insists. But now, of course, he’s tickled pink to think that Kelly Ripa uses the move on her morning show (”It’s very cute,” he says), and that he might have coined TV’s biggest catch-gesture since Fonzie’s thumbs-up. Says the Donald delightedly, ”I can’t walk down the street without having people say ‘You’re fired!’ – always with the hand.”
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'
- 'Homeland' cast, creator tease Quinn's fate, return of past characters
- 'American Psycho' dead on Broadway
- T.I. responds to Irving Plaza shooting: 'My heart is heavy today'