His hand springs like a cobra while his head snaps like a rooster’s. It’s a work of art, that move Donald Trump uses for emphasis when he barks ”You’re fired!” on promos for NBC’s hit The Apprentice. Surely he’s been doing it since the go-go ’80s, right? ”I didn’t do it consciously, I don’t do it all the time, and I didn’t even know I was doing it until I saw it on television,” the boss insists. But now, of course, he’s tickled pink to think that Kelly Ripa uses the move on her morning show (”It’s very cute,” he says), and that he might have coined TV’s biggest catch-gesture since Fonzie’s thumbs-up. Says the Donald delightedly, ”I can’t walk down the street without having people say ‘You’re fired!’ – always with the hand.”
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Box office report: 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' fall flat
- Best moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!