His hand springs like a cobra while his head snaps like a rooster’s. It’s a work of art, that move Donald Trump uses for emphasis when he barks ”You’re fired!” on promos for NBC’s hit The Apprentice. Surely he’s been doing it since the go-go ’80s, right? ”I didn’t do it consciously, I don’t do it all the time, and I didn’t even know I was doing it until I saw it on television,” the boss insists. But now, of course, he’s tickled pink to think that Kelly Ripa uses the move on her morning show (”It’s very cute,” he says), and that he might have coined TV’s biggest catch-gesture since Fonzie’s thumbs-up. Says the Donald delightedly, ”I can’t walk down the street without having people say ‘You’re fired!’ – always with the hand.”
Posted February 20 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!