Lady Marmalade, meet Mrs. Chicken of the Sea. Patti LaBelle and Jessica Simpson will headline the seventh annual ”VH1 Divas” concert, the music channel announced Monday. Both the R&B legend and the MTV ”Newlyweds” star are newcomers to the ”Divas” concerts, which have raised millions for music education in public schools through the VH1 Save the Music Foundation. As in previous years, the show will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The concert will air live on VH1 on April 18, with other performers to be announced in the coming weeks. LaBelle and Simpson may even perform a duet, depending on how long it takes LaBelle to explain to Simpson what ”Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?” means.
Posted February 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!