Lady Marmalade, meet Mrs. Chicken of the Sea. Patti LaBelle and Jessica Simpson will headline the seventh annual ”VH1 Divas” concert, the music channel announced Monday. Both the R&B legend and the MTV ”Newlyweds” star are newcomers to the ”Divas” concerts, which have raised millions for music education in public schools through the VH1 Save the Music Foundation. As in previous years, the show will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The concert will air live on VH1 on April 18, with other performers to be announced in the coming weeks. LaBelle and Simpson may even perform a duet, depending on how long it takes LaBelle to explain to Simpson what ”Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?” means.
Posted February 24 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- John Oliver: 'It's hard to overstate' Jon Stewart's influence on my career
- Watch Drake and LeBron James (almost) play kickball
- Simon Kinberg defends 'Fantastic 4': 'It’s not a disaster'
- Fall Out Boy, The Black Keys, and more are coming to 'Rock Band 4'
- EWwy Awards 2015: Sam Heughan, Andrew Lincoln face off
- Selena Gomez plays the villain in 'Bad Blood' behind-the-scenes clip
- Exclusive first look at Joan Collins' return to E!'s 'The Royals'