On her fourth solo album, folk rocker Brooke – full of wry wisdom – chronicles the high-wire act of finding ”real true love” and the messy plunges that tend to follow. She also freshly paints classics (Brian Wilson’s ”God Only Knows,” JT’s ”Fire and Rain”) with a semigloss of electronica. So you thought you were over your ex? ”Circus,” with all of its wounded beauty, might prove otherwise.
Back in the Circus On her fourth solo album, folk rocker Brooke -- full of wry wisdom -- chronicles the high-wire act of finding ''real true love'' and the messy plunges...Back in the Circus On her fourth solo album, folk rocker Brooke -- full of wry wisdom -- chronicles the high-wire act of finding ''real true love'' and the messy plunges...2004-02-27
Lead Performer: Jonatha Brooke; Producer (group): Bad Dog
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt