On her fourth solo album, folk rocker Brooke – full of wry wisdom – chronicles the high-wire act of finding ”real true love” and the messy plunges that tend to follow. She also freshly paints classics (Brian Wilson’s ”God Only Knows,” JT’s ”Fire and Rain”) with a semigloss of electronica. So you thought you were over your ex? ”Circus,” with all of its wounded beauty, might prove otherwise.
Back in the Circus On her fourth solo album, folk rocker Brooke -- full of wry wisdom -- chronicles the high-wire act of finding ''real true love'' and the messy plunges...Back in the Circus On her fourth solo album, folk rocker Brooke -- full of wry wisdom -- chronicles the high-wire act of finding ''real true love'' and the messy plunges...2004-02-27
Lead Performer: Jonatha Brooke; Producer (group): Bad Dog
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!