Together with ”South Park,” its Wednesday-night lead-in, Chappelle’s Show has gone a long way toward helping Comedy Central finally live up to its name. A prankster with a mile-wide grin, Dave Chappelle knows no bounds when it comes to machine-gunned ridicule – in addition to easy satirical targets like Hollywood and Madison Avenue, the profane stand-up’s skits just as exuberantly lampoon white and black racism (with a healthy, hilarious dose of the N-word). It’s his determined playfulness that makes his embrace of ethnic and racial stereotypes not offensive but refreshing. He baaad…but oh so good. EXTRAS Five of the 12 episodes feature for-fanatics-only commentary by Chappelle and cocreator Neal Brennan, and a half hour of bloopers and deleted scenes feels superfluous given the no-expletives-barred treatment throughout. This set is randy enough without them.
(Dave Chappelle: Danielle Levitt)
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'Dancing with the Stars' taps Alexa and Carlos PenaVega
- Box office preview: 'Straight Outta Compton' set for third weekend at the top
- O.J. Simpson documentaries to air on A&E and LMN
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!