Whether or not Charlize Theron’s ”Monster” role as a serial killer wins her a Best Actress Oscar on Sunday, it’s already earned her another killer part, and a monster pay raise to boot. Variety reports that Theron has landed the lead in ”Aeon Flux,” for which she’ll earn a career high of $10 million. Based on the MTV animated series, the movie is about a sleek, Elektra-like assassin living in a post-apocalyptic future 400 years from now. Karyn Kusama, who made an action heroine out of Michelle Rodriguez in ”Girlfight,” will direct the film, which starts shooting in June. The role probably won’t earn Theron another Oscar nomination, but it also won’t saddle her with a beer gut and fake rotten teeth.
(Charlize Theron: AAD/starmaxinc.com /NewsCom)
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dustin Diamond guilty of 2 misdemeanors
- 5 actresses who've played Marilyn Monroe
- Duggar parents book Fox News interview
- Chris Farley documentary will debut this summer
- Lena Dunham: Hillary Clinton support has nothing to do with gender
- 'Tron 3' not moving forward: Disney
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'