Whether or not Charlize Theron’s ”Monster” role as a serial killer wins her a Best Actress Oscar on Sunday, it’s already earned her another killer part, and a monster pay raise to boot. Variety reports that Theron has landed the lead in ”Aeon Flux,” for which she’ll earn a career high of $10 million. Based on the MTV animated series, the movie is about a sleek, Elektra-like assassin living in a post-apocalyptic future 400 years from now. Karyn Kusama, who made an action heroine out of Michelle Rodriguez in ”Girlfight,” will direct the film, which starts shooting in June. The role probably won’t earn Theron another Oscar nomination, but it also won’t saddle her with a beer gut and fake rotten teeth.
(Charlize Theron: AAD/starmaxinc.com /NewsCom)
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'