Whether or not Charlize Theron’s ”Monster” role as a serial killer wins her a Best Actress Oscar on Sunday, it’s already earned her another killer part, and a monster pay raise to boot. Variety reports that Theron has landed the lead in ”Aeon Flux,” for which she’ll earn a career high of $10 million. Based on the MTV animated series, the movie is about a sleek, Elektra-like assassin living in a post-apocalyptic future 400 years from now. Karyn Kusama, who made an action heroine out of Michelle Rodriguez in ”Girlfight,” will direct the film, which starts shooting in June. The role probably won’t earn Theron another Oscar nomination, but it also won’t saddle her with a beer gut and fake rotten teeth.
(Charlize Theron: AAD/starmaxinc.com /NewsCom)
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel