Whether or not Charlize Theron’s ”Monster” role as a serial killer wins her a Best Actress Oscar on Sunday, it’s already earned her another killer part, and a monster pay raise to boot. Variety reports that Theron has landed the lead in ”Aeon Flux,” for which she’ll earn a career high of $10 million. Based on the MTV animated series, the movie is about a sleek, Elektra-like assassin living in a post-apocalyptic future 400 years from now. Karyn Kusama, who made an action heroine out of Michelle Rodriguez in ”Girlfight,” will direct the film, which starts shooting in June. The role probably won’t earn Theron another Oscar nomination, but it also won’t saddle her with a beer gut and fake rotten teeth.
(Charlize Theron: AAD/starmaxinc.com /NewsCom)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A