Having peaked prior to puberty, Dickie Roberts is a Hollywood has-been. Now a washed-up thirtysomething parking valet, Dickie (played by a seemingly bored David Spade) hires a family to help him belatedly experience a ”normal” childhood, in order to land a crucial comeback role. An original premise, yes, but ex-”SNL” writer Fred Wolf’s script, Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, suffocates under both the touchy-feely moments and the been-there-seen-that slapstick. EXTRAS The hilarious busload of deleted scenes, outtakes, and minidocs gives this otherwise mediocre DVD a much-needed boost. To quote Dickie, you’d be ”nucking futs” not to check out the extended version of the film’s only memorable highlight: a satirical music video featuring 27 real former child stars – like the Coreys, Leif Garrett, and Barry Williams!
(Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star: Mark Fellman)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: David Spade, Craig Bierko, Jon Lovitz, Mary McCormack, Alyssa Milano, Doris Roberts; Director: Sam Weisman; Author: David Spade, Fred Wolf; Release Date Wide: 09/05/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!