If there’s an international symbol for ”sexy cast,” it’s the people-pile photo – that shot of comely costars lying intertwined as if a make-out session could erupt anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The photogenic Twister was made popular in the ’90s with Beverly Hills 90210 and Friends and recently returned in the Queer as Folk fourth-season DVD and The WB’s billboard blitz for One Tree Hill. But as much as network marketers love it, the people pile does have its limits. Says The WB’s cochair Garth Ancier, ”I don’t think it would work for The West Wing.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!