If there’s an international symbol for ”sexy cast,” it’s the people-pile photo – that shot of comely costars lying intertwined as if a make-out session could erupt anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The photogenic Twister was made popular in the ’90s with Beverly Hills 90210 and Friends and recently returned in the Queer as Folk fourth-season DVD and The WB’s billboard blitz for One Tree Hill. But as much as network marketers love it, the people pile does have its limits. Says The WB’s cochair Garth Ancier, ”I don’t think it would work for The West Wing.”
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'