If there’s an international symbol for ”sexy cast,” it’s the people-pile photo – that shot of comely costars lying intertwined as if a make-out session could erupt anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The photogenic Twister was made popular in the ’90s with Beverly Hills 90210 and Friends and recently returned in the Queer as Folk fourth-season DVD and The WB’s billboard blitz for One Tree Hill. But as much as network marketers love it, the people pile does have its limits. Says The WB’s cochair Garth Ancier, ”I don’t think it would work for The West Wing.”
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- Jon Stewart reveals his final three 'Daily Show' guests
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!