If there’s an international symbol for ”sexy cast,” it’s the people-pile photo – that shot of comely costars lying intertwined as if a make-out session could erupt anytime, anywhere, with anyone. The photogenic Twister was made popular in the ’90s with Beverly Hills 90210 and Friends and recently returned in the Queer as Folk fourth-season DVD and The WB’s billboard blitz for One Tree Hill. But as much as network marketers love it, the people pile does have its limits. Says The WB’s cochair Garth Ancier, ”I don’t think it would work for The West Wing.”
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...