The mutant child of My So-Called Life writer Jason Katims and X-Files director-producer David Nutter, the former WB series begins as a sweet, giddy tale of two literally star-crossed teens. But the compelling connection between doe-eyed girl-next-door Liz (Appleby) and stone-faced otherworldly hunk Max (Behr) quickly transcends the obvious alien/alienation metaphor. Unabashedly sentimental yet witty in all the right places, Roswell takes off when grounded in the domestic: the kids’ explosive chemistry (they have visions when they kiss); their Goonies-like outings (as Max discovers his roots); playing around with superpowers (like melting cheese instantaneously). But toward season’s end, when the plot grows restless and devolves into less talk and more action, this supernova sputters out in an embarrassing bid for ratings. EXTRAS You can skip the deleted scene, featurettes, producer voice-overs, and audition tapes – and head straight for the giggly commentary from Appleby and costar Majandra Delfino, who dish about their fellow cast members’ physiques and faking orgasms.
Roswell: The Complete First Season The mutant child of My So-Called Life writer Jason Katims and X-Files director-producer David Nutter, the former WB series begins as a sweet, giddy...Roswell: The Complete First SeasonUnrated The mutant child of My So-Called Life writer Jason Katims and X-Files director-producer David Nutter, the former WB series begins as a sweet, giddy...2004-02-27
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!