Mel Gibson may have self-financed his $30 million labor of love The Passion of the Christ (Feb. 25), but his devotees can put their money where their faith is and buy TV ads boosting both the film and its boosters. Christian advertising company faithHighway has posted an online offer (passioncommercial .com): For a fee of up to $1,800, it will produce and place a 30-second spot for use on ”Christian and secular cable” nets. Touted on the website as an outreach program that can ”build a bridge from the theatre to your church,” faithHighway’s ads feature 20 seconds of footage from the film along with a 10-second acknowledgment of the commercial’s sponsor. Gibson’s ICON Productions could not be reached for comment.
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Netflix says Olsen twins could still join 'Full House' revival
- 'Keith Richards: Under the Influence' doc gets Netflix release date
- Birdman on Lil Wayne: 'He means the world to me'
- Sakina Jaffrey and Ajay Mehta join 'The Mindy Project' as Mr. and Mrs. Lahiri
- On the prowl with the 'Teen Wolf' pack
- Netflix renews 'BoJack Horseman,' sets 'Longmire' premiere
- U2 performs 'Two Hearts Beat As One' for the first time in over 25 years
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!