Mel Gibson may have self-financed his $30 million labor of love The Passion of the Christ (Feb. 25), but his devotees can put their money where their faith is and buy TV ads boosting both the film and its boosters. Christian advertising company faithHighway has posted an online offer (passioncommercial .com): For a fee of up to $1,800, it will produce and place a 30-second spot for use on ”Christian and secular cable” nets. Touted on the website as an outreach program that can ”build a bridge from the theatre to your church,” faithHighway’s ads feature 20 seconds of footage from the film along with a 10-second acknowledgment of the commercial’s sponsor. Gibson’s ICON Productions could not be reached for comment.
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters