Mel Gibson may have self-financed his $30 million labor of love The Passion of the Christ (Feb. 25), but his devotees can put their money where their faith is and buy TV ads boosting both the film and its boosters. Christian advertising company faithHighway has posted an online offer (passioncommercial .com): For a fee of up to $1,800, it will produce and place a 30-second spot for use on ”Christian and secular cable” nets. Touted on the website as an outreach program that can ”build a bridge from the theatre to your church,” faithHighway’s ads feature 20 seconds of footage from the film along with a 10-second acknowledgment of the commercial’s sponsor. Gibson’s ICON Productions could not be reached for comment.
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Green Day, Common: Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Jon Favreau to direct a new adaptation of 'The Lion King'
- 'Magicians' series author Lev Grossman is writing a book about Camelot
- 'Pretty Little Liars' boss reveals series finale title
- Mandy Moore talks ex Wilmer Valderrama dating pal Minka Kelly
- Alicia Machado had eating disorder when Trump called her 'Miss Piggy'