Mel Gibson may have self-financed his $30 million labor of love The Passion of the Christ (Feb. 25), but his devotees can put their money where their faith is and buy TV ads boosting both the film and its boosters. Christian advertising company faithHighway has posted an online offer (passioncommercial .com): For a fee of up to $1,800, it will produce and place a 30-second spot for use on ”Christian and secular cable” nets. Touted on the website as an outreach program that can ”build a bridge from the theatre to your church,” faithHighway’s ads feature 20 seconds of footage from the film along with a 10-second acknowledgment of the commercial’s sponsor. Gibson’s ICON Productions could not be reached for comment.
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt