Mel Gibson may have self-financed his $30 million labor of love The Passion of the Christ (Feb. 25), but his devotees can put their money where their faith is and buy TV ads boosting both the film and its boosters. Christian advertising company faithHighway has posted an online offer (passioncommercial .com): For a fee of up to $1,800, it will produce and place a 30-second spot for use on ”Christian and secular cable” nets. Touted on the website as an outreach program that can ”build a bridge from the theatre to your church,” faithHighway’s ads feature 20 seconds of footage from the film along with a 10-second acknowledgment of the commercial’s sponsor. Gibson’s ICON Productions could not be reached for comment.
Posted February 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Go behind the scenes of Thomas Rhett and Jordin Sparks' duet
- The anticipation is over as the 'Rocky Horror' cast reunites for EW
- A&E Network to air Sean Bean's 'Frankenstein Chronicles'
- Dubsmash Wars: See the final round of Team 'Carter' vs. Team 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on 'Daryl and Carol moment'
- First look at Timothy Spall in and Colm Meany in 'The Journey'
- DJ Jazzy Jeff on possible reunion with Will Smith: 'The time is right on so many different levels'