Returning to the podium after last year’s Halle Berry liplock, Adrien Brody told the Best Actress nominees, ”Don’t worry, I’m under a restraining order.” Still, before opening the envelope, he gave his tonsils a conspicuous spritz of breath-freshener spray. By the time Charlize Theron came up and shared a discreet smooch with him, the whole kiss thing seemed like an afterthought. It was overshadowed by Theron’s emotional speech, in which the ”Monster” actress thanked everyone in her native South Africa – plus her mother and her boyfriend (her ”Trapped” costar Stuart Townsend), who were beaming from their seats. ”I’m not going to cry,” she insisted. Now, that’s acting.
(Adrien Brody and Charlize Theron: Mark J. Terrill/AP)
Posted February 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt