Returning to the podium after last year’s Halle Berry liplock, Adrien Brody told the Best Actress nominees, ”Don’t worry, I’m under a restraining order.” Still, before opening the envelope, he gave his tonsils a conspicuous spritz of breath-freshener spray. By the time Charlize Theron came up and shared a discreet smooch with him, the whole kiss thing seemed like an afterthought. It was overshadowed by Theron’s emotional speech, in which the ”Monster” actress thanked everyone in her native South Africa – plus her mother and her boyfriend (her ”Trapped” costar Stuart Townsend), who were beaming from their seats. ”I’m not going to cry,” she insisted. Now, that’s acting.
(Adrien Brody and Charlize Theron: Mark J. Terrill/AP)
Posted March 1 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- Miley Cyrus comments on engagement ring
- Seth Meyers mocks Donald Trump's Obamacare response
- Justin Timberlake on his voting booth selfie: 'I had no idea!'
- Elijah Wood turned down the chance to fight Daniel Radcliffe
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers