Returning to the podium after last year’s Halle Berry liplock, Adrien Brody told the Best Actress nominees, ”Don’t worry, I’m under a restraining order.” Still, before opening the envelope, he gave his tonsils a conspicuous spritz of breath-freshener spray. By the time Charlize Theron came up and shared a discreet smooch with him, the whole kiss thing seemed like an afterthought. It was overshadowed by Theron’s emotional speech, in which the ”Monster” actress thanked everyone in her native South Africa – plus her mother and her boyfriend (her ”Trapped” costar Stuart Townsend), who were beaming from their seats. ”I’m not going to cry,” she insisted. Now, that’s acting.
(Adrien Brody and Charlize Theron: Mark J. Terrill/AP)
Posted March 1 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Eagles of Death Metal discuss Paris attacks in moving interview
- When to wear the new line of 'Empire' clothes
- See polar animals take to New York in new 'Norm of the North' trailer
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year