Here’s another reason for William Petersen to grumble. The ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” star has complained that CBS has diluted the franchise with spinoffs, even hinting that he’ll quit when his contract is up in a couple years. Now, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is bringing to Las Vegas another handsome scientist who’ll probe people’s innards. It’s Rob Lowe, rebounding from his short-lived NBC drama ”The Lyon’s Den” to star in a new CBS pilot called ”Dr. Vegas.” He’ll play Dr. George Rivers, the staff medic at a casino. It may look like a comedown from serving in the White House on ”The West Wing,” but at least in ”Vegas,” he’ll be working at a place where the house always wins.
Posted March 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!