Here’s another reason for William Petersen to grumble. The ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” star has complained that CBS has diluted the franchise with spinoffs, even hinting that he’ll quit when his contract is up in a couple years. Now, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is bringing to Las Vegas another handsome scientist who’ll probe people’s innards. It’s Rob Lowe, rebounding from his short-lived NBC drama ”The Lyon’s Den” to star in a new CBS pilot called ”Dr. Vegas.” He’ll play Dr. George Rivers, the staff medic at a casino. It may look like a comedown from serving in the White House on ”The West Wing,” but at least in ”Vegas,” he’ll be working at a place where the house always wins.
Posted March 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Maria Menounos named co-anchor at 'E! News'
- 'The Fighter' actor Sean Malone dies following drowning incident
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' creators on ... another sequel?
- Ivan Reitman releases statement on 'Ghostbusters' franchise
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!