Here’s another reason for William Petersen to grumble. The ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” star has complained that CBS has diluted the franchise with spinoffs, even hinting that he’ll quit when his contract is up in a couple years. Now, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is bringing to Las Vegas another handsome scientist who’ll probe people’s innards. It’s Rob Lowe, rebounding from his short-lived NBC drama ”The Lyon’s Den” to star in a new CBS pilot called ”Dr. Vegas.” He’ll play Dr. George Rivers, the staff medic at a casino. It may look like a comedown from serving in the White House on ”The West Wing,” but at least in ”Vegas,” he’ll be working at a place where the house always wins.
Posted March 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lena Dunham: Hillary Clinton support has nothing to do with gender
- 'Tron 3' not moving forward: Disney
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?