Here’s another reason for William Petersen to grumble. The ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” star has complained that CBS has diluted the franchise with spinoffs, even hinting that he’ll quit when his contract is up in a couple years. Now, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is bringing to Las Vegas another handsome scientist who’ll probe people’s innards. It’s Rob Lowe, rebounding from his short-lived NBC drama ”The Lyon’s Den” to star in a new CBS pilot called ”Dr. Vegas.” He’ll play Dr. George Rivers, the staff medic at a casino. It may look like a comedown from serving in the White House on ”The West Wing,” but at least in ”Vegas,” he’ll be working at a place where the house always wins.
Posted March 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers