Here’s another reason for William Petersen to grumble. The ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” star has complained that CBS has diluted the franchise with spinoffs, even hinting that he’ll quit when his contract is up in a couple years. Now, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, CBS is bringing to Las Vegas another handsome scientist who’ll probe people’s innards. It’s Rob Lowe, rebounding from his short-lived NBC drama ”The Lyon’s Den” to star in a new CBS pilot called ”Dr. Vegas.” He’ll play Dr. George Rivers, the staff medic at a casino. It may look like a comedown from serving in the White House on ”The West Wing,” but at least in ”Vegas,” he’ll be working at a place where the house always wins.
Posted March 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover