At Disney World, they’re still letting Donald Duck walk around without pants, but they’re drawing the line at letting Mickey Mouse dress like Janet Jackson. In the latest ripple from Jackson’s exposed nipple at last month’s Super Bowl, the family-oriented theme park has removed a life-size statue of Mickey dressed à la Janet in her all-black leather outfit from the 1989 ”Rhythm Nation” video. (It was one of 75 700-pound statues of Mickey Mouse unveiled last fall for the Disney mascot’s 75th birthday, including ones inspired by Andre Agassi, Ellen DeGeneres, and Jamie Lee Curtis.) ”Considering all the controversy it drew, we talked it over for a couple of days and decided it would be best to replace hers with a new one,” Disney spokesman Gary Foster told the Orlando Sentinel. Given the plunging décolletage of the gown Curtis wore to the Oscars this week, so low that she appeared in danger of suffering her own Jackson-esque ”wardrobe malfunction,” maybe Disney World should replace that statue as well.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!