”Spider-Man 2” won’t hit the screen until July 2, but distributor Sony and comics house Marvel are already at work on the third installment of the superhero franchise. Marvel Studios chief Avi Arad mentioned ”Spider-Man 3” briefly in a conference call to financial analysts and reporters on Tuesday. He was cryptic about the details of the sequel, save for the projected release date. ”[The] best case scenario I can tell you [is] 2006,” he said. ”It is a big movie, and we would rather play it safe and talk about 2007 at this point.” According to Variety, there’s no script yet, but Sam Raimi (who directed the first two installments) is reportedly committed to shooting the third, and star Tobey Maguire has been keeping his schedule open for a shoot next year.
Posted March 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- Chris Pratt as Jason Statham in now-surfaced 'SNL' deleted sketch
- Everything you need to know about 'Magic Mike XXL,' in chart form
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!