”Spider-Man 2” won’t hit the screen until July 2, but distributor Sony and comics house Marvel are already at work on the third installment of the superhero franchise. Marvel Studios chief Avi Arad mentioned ”Spider-Man 3” briefly in a conference call to financial analysts and reporters on Tuesday. He was cryptic about the details of the sequel, save for the projected release date. ”[The] best case scenario I can tell you [is] 2006,” he said. ”It is a big movie, and we would rather play it safe and talk about 2007 at this point.” According to Variety, there’s no script yet, but Sam Raimi (who directed the first two installments) is reportedly committed to shooting the third, and star Tobey Maguire has been keeping his schedule open for a shoot next year.
Posted March 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!