Having played a slinky spy in the spoofy ”Austin Powers in Goldmember,” Beyoncé shouldn’t find it much of a stretch to play a slinky jewel theft suspect in the spoofy ”Pink Panther” remake. According to Variety, the Grammy-winning singer is in talks to star opposite Steve Martin (in the Peter Sellers role of the bumbling Inspector Clouseau). She’d play Xania, a pop singer whose boyfriend owns the famous diamond of the title, and who is the chief suspect when the boyfriend dies suddenly and the gem turns up missing. Also on board is French tough guy actor Jean Reno (”The Professional,” ”Ronin”) as Ponton, Clouseau’s driver, who is actually an undercover cop assigned by the chief to keep an eye on the inept Clouseau. The film goes into production this spring.
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Spider-Man' director confirms Zendaya character name
- 'Captain America: Steve Rogers' writer Nick Spencer talks angering fans
- 'Workaholics' stars talk Oscar Isaac, cannibalism, and more
- Panorama Day 2: Kendrick Lamar spreads the love in profound headlining set
- Comic-Con 2016 Day 3: See stars' cinemagraph portraits
- 'Hawaii Five-0' books Claire Forlani for recurring role
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'