Having played a slinky spy in the spoofy ”Austin Powers in Goldmember,” Beyoncé shouldn’t find it much of a stretch to play a slinky jewel theft suspect in the spoofy ”Pink Panther” remake. According to Variety, the Grammy-winning singer is in talks to star opposite Steve Martin (in the Peter Sellers role of the bumbling Inspector Clouseau). She’d play Xania, a pop singer whose boyfriend owns the famous diamond of the title, and who is the chief suspect when the boyfriend dies suddenly and the gem turns up missing. Also on board is French tough guy actor Jean Reno (”The Professional,” ”Ronin”) as Ponton, Clouseau’s driver, who is actually an undercover cop assigned by the chief to keep an eye on the inept Clouseau. The film goes into production this spring.
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Katy Perry dances to Taylor Swift verse in Kanye West's 'Famous'
- 'Assassin's Creed' featurette offers new plot teases
- Character actress Rebecca Metz on making it in Hollywood
- 'Bad Santa 2' screening, cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- James McAvoy has 23 personalities in new trailer for 'Split'
- James Franco endorses Hillary Clinton with Dos Equis spoof
- 'Blindspot' sneak peek: Why has Rich Dotcom returned?
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like