Having played a slinky spy in the spoofy ”Austin Powers in Goldmember,” Beyoncé shouldn’t find it much of a stretch to play a slinky jewel theft suspect in the spoofy ”Pink Panther” remake. According to Variety, the Grammy-winning singer is in talks to star opposite Steve Martin (in the Peter Sellers role of the bumbling Inspector Clouseau). She’d play Xania, a pop singer whose boyfriend owns the famous diamond of the title, and who is the chief suspect when the boyfriend dies suddenly and the gem turns up missing. Also on board is French tough guy actor Jean Reno (”The Professional,” ”Ronin”) as Ponton, Clouseau’s driver, who is actually an undercover cop assigned by the chief to keep an eye on the inept Clouseau. The film goes into production this spring.
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit