Having played a slinky spy in the spoofy ”Austin Powers in Goldmember,” Beyoncé shouldn’t find it much of a stretch to play a slinky jewel theft suspect in the spoofy ”Pink Panther” remake. According to Variety, the Grammy-winning singer is in talks to star opposite Steve Martin (in the Peter Sellers role of the bumbling Inspector Clouseau). She’d play Xania, a pop singer whose boyfriend owns the famous diamond of the title, and who is the chief suspect when the boyfriend dies suddenly and the gem turns up missing. Also on board is French tough guy actor Jean Reno (”The Professional,” ”Ronin”) as Ponton, Clouseau’s driver, who is actually an undercover cop assigned by the chief to keep an eye on the inept Clouseau. The film goes into production this spring.
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!