Having played a slinky spy in the spoofy ”Austin Powers in Goldmember,” Beyoncé shouldn’t find it much of a stretch to play a slinky jewel theft suspect in the spoofy ”Pink Panther” remake. According to Variety, the Grammy-winning singer is in talks to star opposite Steve Martin (in the Peter Sellers role of the bumbling Inspector Clouseau). She’d play Xania, a pop singer whose boyfriend owns the famous diamond of the title, and who is the chief suspect when the boyfriend dies suddenly and the gem turns up missing. Also on board is French tough guy actor Jean Reno (”The Professional,” ”Ronin”) as Ponton, Clouseau’s driver, who is actually an undercover cop assigned by the chief to keep an eye on the inept Clouseau. The film goes into production this spring.
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Iggy Azalea calls out sexist media after Britney Spears tweets
- See the explosive teaser trailer for 'London Has Fallen'
- See an exclusive new look at 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- Everything you need to know about EW's Comic-Con 2015 coverage
- 'Tank Girl' director to helm 'Doctor Who' season finale
- Someone put Nicolas Cage's face on every 'Game of Thrones' character
- How 'Terminator: Genisys' re-created 1984 Arnold Schwarzenegger for the summer's coolest fight scene
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!