I wanted to pen a powerful, sociologically rich thesis on why I adore The Apprentice’s most reviled participant…but a piece of Sheetrock bumped my head, leaving me unconscious on my office floor for the past week. I’ve now regained enough strength to start bossing everybody around again, so here goes: If you hate the regally named Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, you obviously weren’t born to lead. And you also have no class. What’s not to like about a woman who rose from the projects to become a White House employee and an image consultant? She successfully trained pageant contestants in Guyana, for Pete’s sake! (Check Omarosa.com for the glossy truth.) And who can deny that her neurotic teammates – Katrina, let go of her wrist! – have it coming? You see, Omarosa, who combines the viperish flair of 24’s Sherry Palmer (Penny Johnson Jerald) with the timeless elegance of The Jeffersons’ Helen Willis (Roxie Roker), does not care what you think. And even if she never wins the Donald’s approval, she already owns every beat of my icy cold heart.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Why Paige from 'The Americans' is TV's most progressive Christian
- 'Orphan Black' teaser promises clone-on-clone war
- April Fools' Day 2015: The best pranks around the internet
- Watch Ethan Hawke, Jimmy Fallon channel their inner Bob Dylan to sing a few lullabies
- References in Sufjan Stevens' 'Carrie & Lowell,' explained
- Kevin James parodies 'Furious 7' as Paul Blart
- 'A Place To Call Home': 7 reasons to watch Australia's sexiest period soap
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!