All is not right in Toy City: Old nursery rhyme characters – er, ”Preadolescent Poetic Personalities” – are being brutally, and hysterically, murdered. But an oft-soused teddy-bear detective and his new partner, a 13-year-old country boy, are on the case. Rankin’s whimsically dense sing-song patter reads like Douglas Adams crossed with Aaron Sorkin by way of Mother Goose – er, sorry, Madame Goose, as the head of Toy City’s classiest brothel prefers to be called. As we (happily) learn of toy theology and (not so happily) of teddy-bear anatomy, Rankin more than lives up to his deliriously inventive title (a reference to the killer’s calling card). If he spoils his chance at a timeless classic with a too-topical ending, well, by then we’ve had much too much fun to really mind.
The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse All is not right in Toy City: Old nursery rhyme characters -- er, ''Preadolescent Poetic Personalities'' -- are being brutally, and hysterically,...The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the ApocalypseRobert Rankin All is not right in Toy City: Old nursery rhyme characters -- er, ''Preadolescent Poetic Personalities'' -- are being brutally, and hysterically,...2004-03-05
Author: Robert Rankin
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside the ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!