As emotional breakdowns by white rappers go, ”Snowflakes,” by British newcomer Jack Allsopp, a.k.a. Just Jack, is a keeper: Built on Dre-style strings and Allsopp’s brooding rhymes, it’s a mesmerizing, wintry sulk of a record, and one of the year’s first great singles. The rest of The Outer Marker isn’t always as arresting – his middle-class soul-rap can be too clean-cut for its own good – but the drum-and-bass pop of ”Triple Tone Eyes” and the techno-folky ”Ain’t Too Sad” reveal a budding imagination at work.
The Outer MarkerAs emotional breakdowns by white rappers go, ''Snowflakes,'' by British newcomer Jack Allsopp, a.k.a. Just Jack, is a keeper: Built on Dre-style strings...The Outer MarkerAs emotional breakdowns by white rappers go, ''Snowflakes,'' by British newcomer Jack Allsopp, a.k.a. Just Jack, is a keeper: Built on Dre-style strings...2004-03-05
(Just Jack: Chris Clunn)
Lead Performer: Just Jack; Producer (group): T
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Turn' exclusive sneak peek: George Washington greets the famous Frenchman, Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!