As emotional breakdowns by white rappers go, ”Snowflakes,” by British newcomer Jack Allsopp, a.k.a. Just Jack, is a keeper: Built on Dre-style strings and Allsopp’s brooding rhymes, it’s a mesmerizing, wintry sulk of a record, and one of the year’s first great singles. The rest of The Outer Marker isn’t always as arresting – his middle-class soul-rap can be too clean-cut for its own good – but the drum-and-bass pop of ”Triple Tone Eyes” and the techno-folky ”Ain’t Too Sad” reveal a budding imagination at work.
The Outer MarkerAs emotional breakdowns by white rappers go, ''Snowflakes,'' by British newcomer Jack Allsopp, a.k.a. Just Jack, is a keeper: Built on Dre-style strings...The Outer MarkerAs emotional breakdowns by white rappers go, ''Snowflakes,'' by British newcomer Jack Allsopp, a.k.a. Just Jack, is a keeper: Built on Dre-style strings...2004-03-05
(Just Jack: Chris Clunn)
Lead Performer: Just Jack; Producer (group): T
Posted March 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!