Looks like Lieutenant Dan may join the New York police department. According to the Hollywood Reporter, negotiations are picking up between the producers of the ”CSI” franchise and Gary Sinise for the ”Forrest Gump” actor to star in the latest spinoff, ”CSI: New York,” due on CBS this fall. They’ll have to be quick about it, since the producers will soon be shooting this season’s second-to-last episode of ”CSI: Miami,” where they’ll introduce the ”New York” characters, much as the ”Miami” characters were introduced two years ago on a late-season episode of the original ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.” Sinise’s TV experience includes such historical biopic roles as his Emmy-winning performance in the title role of the TV movie ”George Wallace” and the starring role in ”Truman.” His most recent movie was last year’s ”The Human Stain.” Which sounds like the sort of thing he’d be examining if he takes the ”CSI” job.
Posted March 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt