Looks like Lieutenant Dan may join the New York police department. According to the Hollywood Reporter, negotiations are picking up between the producers of the ”CSI” franchise and Gary Sinise for the ”Forrest Gump” actor to star in the latest spinoff, ”CSI: New York,” due on CBS this fall. They’ll have to be quick about it, since the producers will soon be shooting this season’s second-to-last episode of ”CSI: Miami,” where they’ll introduce the ”New York” characters, much as the ”Miami” characters were introduced two years ago on a late-season episode of the original ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.” Sinise’s TV experience includes such historical biopic roles as his Emmy-winning performance in the title role of the TV movie ”George Wallace” and the starring role in ”Truman.” His most recent movie was last year’s ”The Human Stain.” Which sounds like the sort of thing he’d be examining if he takes the ”CSI” job.
Posted March 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!