Looks like Lieutenant Dan may join the New York police department. According to the Hollywood Reporter, negotiations are picking up between the producers of the ”CSI” franchise and Gary Sinise for the ”Forrest Gump” actor to star in the latest spinoff, ”CSI: New York,” due on CBS this fall. They’ll have to be quick about it, since the producers will soon be shooting this season’s second-to-last episode of ”CSI: Miami,” where they’ll introduce the ”New York” characters, much as the ”Miami” characters were introduced two years ago on a late-season episode of the original ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.” Sinise’s TV experience includes such historical biopic roles as his Emmy-winning performance in the title role of the TV movie ”George Wallace” and the starring role in ”Truman.” His most recent movie was last year’s ”The Human Stain.” Which sounds like the sort of thing he’d be examining if he takes the ”CSI” job.
Posted March 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'