Looks like Lieutenant Dan may join the New York police department. According to the Hollywood Reporter, negotiations are picking up between the producers of the ”CSI” franchise and Gary Sinise for the ”Forrest Gump” actor to star in the latest spinoff, ”CSI: New York,” due on CBS this fall. They’ll have to be quick about it, since the producers will soon be shooting this season’s second-to-last episode of ”CSI: Miami,” where they’ll introduce the ”New York” characters, much as the ”Miami” characters were introduced two years ago on a late-season episode of the original ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.” Sinise’s TV experience includes such historical biopic roles as his Emmy-winning performance in the title role of the TV movie ”George Wallace” and the starring role in ”Truman.” His most recent movie was last year’s ”The Human Stain.” Which sounds like the sort of thing he’d be examining if he takes the ”CSI” job.
Posted March 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!