Looks like Lieutenant Dan may join the New York police department. According to the Hollywood Reporter, negotiations are picking up between the producers of the ”CSI” franchise and Gary Sinise for the ”Forrest Gump” actor to star in the latest spinoff, ”CSI: New York,” due on CBS this fall. They’ll have to be quick about it, since the producers will soon be shooting this season’s second-to-last episode of ”CSI: Miami,” where they’ll introduce the ”New York” characters, much as the ”Miami” characters were introduced two years ago on a late-season episode of the original ”CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.” Sinise’s TV experience includes such historical biopic roles as his Emmy-winning performance in the title role of the TV movie ”George Wallace” and the starring role in ”Truman.” His most recent movie was last year’s ”The Human Stain.” Which sounds like the sort of thing he’d be examining if he takes the ”CSI” job.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls': Like it?
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!