How’s this for creepy? To promote the DVD release of Oz: The Complete Third Season, HBO built a prison tower – complete with lifelike armed guards – to bully midtown-NYC crowds into buying the jailhouse drama. Sure, it’s disturbing, considering the times, but the ominous marketing stunt definitely got New Yorkers to actually look up.
Posted March 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Property Bros. try to make Broadway dreams come true in spoof
- Young Broadway fan honors Tony nominees with adorable Lego recreations
- Justin Timberlake is dropping 'Can't Stop the Feeling' on Friday
- 'Survivor: Kaôh Rōng': The majority alliance begins to crumble
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Family Guy' mocks Donald Trump as 'dumb loudmouth' in Emmy mailer