How’s this for creepy? To promote the DVD release of Oz: The Complete Third Season, HBO built a prison tower – complete with lifelike armed guards – to bully midtown-NYC crowds into buying the jailhouse drama. Sure, it’s disturbing, considering the times, but the ominous marketing stunt definitely got New Yorkers to actually look up.
Posted March 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC