How’s this for creepy? To promote the DVD release of Oz: The Complete Third Season, HBO built a prison tower – complete with lifelike armed guards – to bully midtown-NYC crowds into buying the jailhouse drama. Sure, it’s disturbing, considering the times, but the ominous marketing stunt definitely got New Yorkers to actually look up.
Posted March 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters