How’s this for creepy? To promote the DVD release of Oz: The Complete Third Season, HBO built a prison tower – complete with lifelike armed guards – to bully midtown-NYC crowds into buying the jailhouse drama. Sure, it’s disturbing, considering the times, but the ominous marketing stunt definitely got New Yorkers to actually look up.
Posted March 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'MADtv': Classic Clinton impressions returning in reboot premiere
- Alicia Silverstone to star in TV Land comedy inspired by Kyle Richards
- Congresswoman quotes Albus Dumbledore during DNC speech
- Elvis Presley's electric guitar set for auction
- 'The Flash' movie adds 'Dope' actress Kiersey Clemons as female lead
- Christina Grimmie's final music videos to be released next month
- Beyoncé collaborator Diana Gordon drops soulful new track
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'