In his bloody vision of Jesus’ last 12 hours, Mel Gibson gets at the link between pain and what lies on the other side of it – between horror and awe. Yet he pays token reverence to the way that Jesus saw heaven, and not just hell, on earth.
Genre: Drama; Starring: James Caviezel, Monica Bellucci, Rosalinda Celentano, Luca Lionello, Maia Morgenstern, Ted Rusoff, Hristo Naumov Shopov; Director: Mel Gibson; Author: Benedict Fitzgerald, Mel Gibson; Producer (person): Mel Gibson; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Newmarket Capital Group
Posted March 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!