In his bloody vision of Jesus’ last 12 hours, Mel Gibson gets at the link between pain and what lies on the other side of it – between horror and awe. Yet he pays token reverence to the way that Jesus saw heaven, and not just hell, on earth.
Genre: Drama; Starring: James Caviezel, Monica Bellucci, Rosalinda Celentano, Luca Lionello, Maia Morgenstern, Ted Rusoff, Hristo Naumov Shopov; Director: Mel Gibson; Author: Benedict Fitzgerald, Mel Gibson; Producer (person): Mel Gibson; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Newmarket Capital Group
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!