In his first new play since 1998’s religious fable Corpus Christi, Terrence McNally offers a meditation on art and opera: ”Full Frontal Nudity” visits Florence, where a tour guide (a charming Isabella Rossellini) interprets Michelangelo’s David for three awestruck Americans; ”Prelude & Liebestod” probes the psyche of a sex-crazed conductor (ex-Walton Richard Thomas, in a bravura turn). McNally loves big issues and larger-than-life characters: Think of his flaws-and-all Maria Callas (Master Class); his matter-of-fact depiction of AIDS in Love! Valour! Compassion! That he humanizes such lofty subjects continues to surprise and delight. (212-279-4200)
The Stendhal Syndrome In his first new play since 1998's religious fable Corpus Christi, Terrence McNally offers a meditation on art and opera: ''Full Frontal Nudity''...The Stendhal Syndrome In his first new play since 1998's religious fable Corpus Christi, Terrence McNally offers a meditation on art and opera: ''Full Frontal Nudity''...2004-03-12
Starring: Isabella Rossellini; Director: Terrence McNally; Opening Date: 02/16/2004
Posted March 12 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!