After playing Achilles in ”Troy,” Brad Pitt may play another figure shrouded in myth: Jesse James. Variety reports that he’ll produce and star in an adaptation of Robert Hansen’s novel ”The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.” The movie would retell the legendary gunslinger’s life story from the point of view of the James gang turncoat who shot him in the back. Directing the film would be Australian director Andrew Dominik, whose ”Chopper” made a movie star out of future ”Hulk” actor and ”Troy” costar Eric Bana. The film would mark one of several collaborations between Plan B (the production company headed by Pitt and wife Jennifer Aniston) and Warner Bros. Plan B is also producing Tim Burton’s upcoming ”Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” remake (starring Johnny Depp), and it’s developing two other movies for Pitt to star in: ”The Hatfields and McCoys” (for ”Ali”’s Michael Mann to direct), and a Martin Scorsese-directed version of the Hong Kong crime thriller ”Infernal Affairs.”
(Brad Pitt: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More