After playing Achilles in ”Troy,” Brad Pitt may play another figure shrouded in myth: Jesse James. Variety reports that he’ll produce and star in an adaptation of Robert Hansen’s novel ”The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.” The movie would retell the legendary gunslinger’s life story from the point of view of the James gang turncoat who shot him in the back. Directing the film would be Australian director Andrew Dominik, whose ”Chopper” made a movie star out of future ”Hulk” actor and ”Troy” costar Eric Bana. The film would mark one of several collaborations between Plan B (the production company headed by Pitt and wife Jennifer Aniston) and Warner Bros. Plan B is also producing Tim Burton’s upcoming ”Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” remake (starring Johnny Depp), and it’s developing two other movies for Pitt to star in: ”The Hatfields and McCoys” (for ”Ali”’s Michael Mann to direct), and a Martin Scorsese-directed version of the Hong Kong crime thriller ”Infernal Affairs.”
(Brad Pitt: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!