After playing Achilles in ”Troy,” Brad Pitt may play another figure shrouded in myth: Jesse James. Variety reports that he’ll produce and star in an adaptation of Robert Hansen’s novel ”The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.” The movie would retell the legendary gunslinger’s life story from the point of view of the James gang turncoat who shot him in the back. Directing the film would be Australian director Andrew Dominik, whose ”Chopper” made a movie star out of future ”Hulk” actor and ”Troy” costar Eric Bana. The film would mark one of several collaborations between Plan B (the production company headed by Pitt and wife Jennifer Aniston) and Warner Bros. Plan B is also producing Tim Burton’s upcoming ”Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” remake (starring Johnny Depp), and it’s developing two other movies for Pitt to star in: ”The Hatfields and McCoys” (for ”Ali”’s Michael Mann to direct), and a Martin Scorsese-directed version of the Hong Kong crime thriller ”Infernal Affairs.”
(Brad Pitt: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted March 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!