After playing Achilles in ”Troy,” Brad Pitt may play another figure shrouded in myth: Jesse James. Variety reports that he’ll produce and star in an adaptation of Robert Hansen’s novel ”The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.” The movie would retell the legendary gunslinger’s life story from the point of view of the James gang turncoat who shot him in the back. Directing the film would be Australian director Andrew Dominik, whose ”Chopper” made a movie star out of future ”Hulk” actor and ”Troy” costar Eric Bana. The film would mark one of several collaborations between Plan B (the production company headed by Pitt and wife Jennifer Aniston) and Warner Bros. Plan B is also producing Tim Burton’s upcoming ”Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” remake (starring Johnny Depp), and it’s developing two other movies for Pitt to star in: ”The Hatfields and McCoys” (for ”Ali”’s Michael Mann to direct), and a Martin Scorsese-directed version of the Hong Kong crime thriller ”Infernal Affairs.”
(Brad Pitt: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted March 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ethan Hawke as Chet Baker in a 'Born to Be Blue' clip
- Boba Fett finally escapes Tatooine in fan-made trailer
- 'Mr. Robot' creator explains why you were supposed to guess the big twist
- How Soundgarden's Chris Cornell overcame stage fright for new solo set
- 'Contracted: Phase II' director talks about his 'surreal' VMAs experience
- Sneak Peek: Early scoop from EW's Shondaland issue
- Shonda Rhimes reveals the shows she wishes she created
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!