Is Joss Stone even old enough to be called a diva? We’ll find out when the 16-year-old British R&B prodigy joins veteran rock chanteuses Deborah Harry and Cyndi Lauper at the seventh annual ”VH1 Divas” concert on April 18. The three thrushes join a bill that already includes Patti LaBelle and Jessica Simpson. The show, broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, is a benefit for VH1’s Save the Music Foundation, which supports music education in public schools. Expect additional divas and would-be divas to be added to the bill as the concert date approaches.
Posted March 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!