”I desperately wanted him on,” Alias creator J.J. Abrams says of his March 14 guest star, ”but his managers were very protective and kept me at bay.” Sean Penn? Bill Murray? No, Ricky Gervais – cult idol of BBC America’s double – Golden Globed sitcom The Office. But Abrams got his man: Gervais plays Daniel Ryan, the world’s smartest bomb maker – quite a stretch from dense Office manager David Brent. ”The Office is, actually, just as dramatic as it is comedic,” Abrams says. ”Having said that, Ricky did have a blast” – no pun intended – ”on the set. In fact, there was probably more goofing off during the filming of this episode than any other. Ricky and Victor [Garber, who plays Jennifer Garner’s CIA-agent dad] together were a particular [discipline] problem.” Sounds like Abrams needed to crack the whip around his office…
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch