”I desperately wanted him on,” Alias creator J.J. Abrams says of his March 14 guest star, ”but his managers were very protective and kept me at bay.” Sean Penn? Bill Murray? No, Ricky Gervais – cult idol of BBC America’s double – Golden Globed sitcom The Office. But Abrams got his man: Gervais plays Daniel Ryan, the world’s smartest bomb maker – quite a stretch from dense Office manager David Brent. ”The Office is, actually, just as dramatic as it is comedic,” Abrams says. ”Having said that, Ricky did have a blast” – no pun intended – ”on the set. In fact, there was probably more goofing off during the filming of this episode than any other. Ricky and Victor [Garber, who plays Jennifer Garner’s CIA-agent dad] together were a particular [discipline] problem.” Sounds like Abrams needed to crack the whip around his office…
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sharon Osbourne takes leave from 'The Talk' because of exhaustion
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos is 'heartbroken' the Olsen twins won't be on 'Fuller House'
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!