In case this acting thing ever falls through for Ben Affleck – and after ”Gigli” and ”Paycheck,” who’s to say it won’t? – he can always get a job as a daytime talk show host. He’ll show his chat chops on Monday (and get another opportunity to promote the March 26 release of ”Jersey Girl”) when he fills in for vacationing Jersey girl Kelly Ripa on ”Live With Regis and Kelly.” Apparently, the gig is part of a ”Saturday Night Live” exchange program; last week, when he hosted ”SNL,” Ripa made a hilarious surprise appearance in a sketch with him that was a mock ad for the Thailand tourist bureau. On Monday, Affleck will bring with him ”SNL”’s Darrell Hammond, and the two of them will have a ”Reege-off” to see who does the best Philbin imitation. Who knows, maybe when Regis retires, the show could become ”Live With Ben and Kelly.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Go inside the studio with Janet Jackson in her lyric video for 'No Sleeep'
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'Star Wars': Han Solo stand-alone movie plots course with 'Lego Movie' directors at the controls
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!