In case this acting thing ever falls through for Ben Affleck – and after ”Gigli” and ”Paycheck,” who’s to say it won’t? – he can always get a job as a daytime talk show host. He’ll show his chat chops on Monday (and get another opportunity to promote the March 26 release of ”Jersey Girl”) when he fills in for vacationing Jersey girl Kelly Ripa on ”Live With Regis and Kelly.” Apparently, the gig is part of a ”Saturday Night Live” exchange program; last week, when he hosted ”SNL,” Ripa made a hilarious surprise appearance in a sketch with him that was a mock ad for the Thailand tourist bureau. On Monday, Affleck will bring with him ”SNL”’s Darrell Hammond, and the two of them will have a ”Reege-off” to see who does the best Philbin imitation. Who knows, maybe when Regis retires, the show could become ”Live With Ben and Kelly.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'