How’s this for a mea culpa? Last month, DreamWorks took out an ad in Variety quoting critics’ preference for its Best Supporting Actress nominee, House of Sand and Fog’s Shohreh Aghdashloo, over Renee Zellweger, from Miramax’s Cold Mountain. When the Academy chastised DreamWorks for playing dirty (in an otherwise clean campaign season), the studio issued an apology. In the end, Zellweger won the Oscar, and DreamWorks, apparently, couldn’t be happier: It recently bought an ad congratulating her for a ”richly deserved Oscar.” Thoughtful, considering Zellweger voices a main character in DreamWorks’ fall flick Shark Tale.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save
- Jim Norton backs Trevor Noah: TIME essay
- Producer Jason Blum talks about the new Joel Edgerton-Jason Bateman thriller 'The Gift'
- See all the names Kurt Cobain considered for Nirvana
- Just in time for hump day, Charlie Puth shares sexy 'Marvin Gaye' video with Meghan Trainor