How’s this for a mea culpa? Last month, DreamWorks took out an ad in Variety quoting critics’ preference for its Best Supporting Actress nominee, House of Sand and Fog’s Shohreh Aghdashloo, over Renee Zellweger, from Miramax’s Cold Mountain. When the Academy chastised DreamWorks for playing dirty (in an otherwise clean campaign season), the studio issued an apology. In the end, Zellweger won the Oscar, and DreamWorks, apparently, couldn’t be happier: It recently bought an ad congratulating her for a ”richly deserved Oscar.” Thoughtful, considering Zellweger voices a main character in DreamWorks’ fall flick Shark Tale.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor