How’s this for a mea culpa? Last month, DreamWorks took out an ad in Variety quoting critics’ preference for its Best Supporting Actress nominee, House of Sand and Fog’s Shohreh Aghdashloo, over Renee Zellweger, from Miramax’s Cold Mountain. When the Academy chastised DreamWorks for playing dirty (in an otherwise clean campaign season), the studio issued an apology. In the end, Zellweger won the Oscar, and DreamWorks, apparently, couldn’t be happier: It recently bought an ad congratulating her for a ”richly deserved Oscar.” Thoughtful, considering Zellweger voices a main character in DreamWorks’ fall flick Shark Tale.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Karen O honors journalist Nellie Bly with an original song
- Sam Smith cancels Tokyo, Manila tour dates
- Watch Vance Joy cover Taylor Swift's 'I Know Places'
- 'Scandal' sneak peek: How far will Olivia go to take down Rowan?
- Lauryn Hill cancels Israel show
- 'iZombie' exclusive clip: Liv tries to get Clive to open up about his love life
- The Strain: First season 2 trailer declares war on vamps
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!