How’s this for a mea culpa? Last month, DreamWorks took out an ad in Variety quoting critics’ preference for its Best Supporting Actress nominee, House of Sand and Fog’s Shohreh Aghdashloo, over Renee Zellweger, from Miramax’s Cold Mountain. When the Academy chastised DreamWorks for playing dirty (in an otherwise clean campaign season), the studio issued an apology. In the end, Zellweger won the Oscar, and DreamWorks, apparently, couldn’t be happier: It recently bought an ad congratulating her for a ”richly deserved Oscar.” Thoughtful, considering Zellweger voices a main character in DreamWorks’ fall flick Shark Tale.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take