How’s this for a mea culpa? Last month, DreamWorks took out an ad in Variety quoting critics’ preference for its Best Supporting Actress nominee, House of Sand and Fog’s Shohreh Aghdashloo, over Renee Zellweger, from Miramax’s Cold Mountain. When the Academy chastised DreamWorks for playing dirty (in an otherwise clean campaign season), the studio issued an apology. In the end, Zellweger won the Oscar, and DreamWorks, apparently, couldn’t be happier: It recently bought an ad congratulating her for a ”richly deserved Oscar.” Thoughtful, considering Zellweger voices a main character in DreamWorks’ fall flick Shark Tale.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home
- 'Agents of SHIELD': How it'll dive into Skye's story and the 'birth of a superhero'