How’s this for a mea culpa? Last month, DreamWorks took out an ad in Variety quoting critics’ preference for its Best Supporting Actress nominee, House of Sand and Fog’s Shohreh Aghdashloo, over Renee Zellweger, from Miramax’s Cold Mountain. When the Academy chastised DreamWorks for playing dirty (in an otherwise clean campaign season), the studio issued an apology. In the end, Zellweger won the Oscar, and DreamWorks, apparently, couldn’t be happier: It recently bought an ad congratulating her for a ”richly deserved Oscar.” Thoughtful, considering Zellweger voices a main character in DreamWorks’ fall flick Shark Tale.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'