Boxer-turned-actor Robert Pastorelli, 49, was found dead March 8 in his Hollywood Hills home. (The cause had not been determined at press time.) He made a living off lightweight roles in Outrageous Fortune and Beverly Hills Cop II before scoring his big KO with CBS’ Murphy Brown. As Murphy’s (Candice Bergen) housepainter Eldin, Pastorelli was a staple on the show for six years – leading to gigs in Sister Act 2 and Michael. Shortly before his death, he finished shooting his role as hitman Joe Loop in Be Cool, the upcoming sequel to Get Shorty. Says Brown creator Diane English (who wrote the Eldin character especially for Pastorelli), ”Despite the fact that he had this sort of gangsteresque exterior, he was an incredibly warm and likable person with such a huge heart.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- The inhabitants of Alice’s Wonderland, ranked
- Beatlemania revisited in Ron Howard's new 'Eight Days a Week' trailer
- Dee Snider releases politically charged 'We're Not Gonna Take It' acoustic video
- Michael Che and Colin Jost hand out free Trump water at DNC
- Stephen Colbert recruits John Oliver for DNC 'Fight Song' parody
- Stephen Colbert retires alter ego, introduces 'identical twin cousin'
- Cara Delevingne pranked Kesha, Haim at Taylor Swift's July 4 party
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos