Boxer-turned-actor Robert Pastorelli, 49, was found dead March 8 in his Hollywood Hills home. (The cause had not been determined at press time.) He made a living off lightweight roles in Outrageous Fortune and Beverly Hills Cop II before scoring his big KO with CBS’ Murphy Brown. As Murphy’s (Candice Bergen) housepainter Eldin, Pastorelli was a staple on the show for six years – leading to gigs in Sister Act 2 and Michael. Shortly before his death, he finished shooting his role as hitman Joe Loop in Be Cool, the upcoming sequel to Get Shorty. Says Brown creator Diane English (who wrote the Eldin character especially for Pastorelli), ”Despite the fact that he had this sort of gangsteresque exterior, he was an incredibly warm and likable person with such a huge heart.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to 'Carmelo Anthony' and Jesse Eisenberg read from 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- Nina Dobrev, Matt McGorry, and more advocate for sexual consent in 'It's On Us' campaign
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!